It was enlightening for her to participate. In years past, I ordered the books on my own but this year I decided that since college is only two years away, she should get a taste of what her college textbooks will cost.
She was very surprised to see that her Physics book was $103 if she bought it NEW. We searched for USED copies and found them ranging from $69 to $77 depending on condition. I explained that we needed to think about shipping costs too. On Barnes and Noble’s website, we were able to get free shipping when we ordered up to a certain amount. However, we had to pay shipping on two books since they were coming from other book suppliers.
Her result was a savings of approximately $45. Teaching her to be environmentally aware by buying used books when possible and, also saving money was a great everyday lesson!
The Environmental Protection Agency has a good resource for Recycling.
For Kids: EPA Environmental Kids Club For Teens: EPA – Your Enviroment. Your Choice.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.