I am very tired this morning. Why, you ask? I was at Lady Gaga’s Monster Ball concert last night! Here’s my one word review…AWESOME!
Now, you might ask me, what does going to Lady Gaga’s concert have to do with allowance?
Here’s the deal…
My kids get allowance. They know what they are responsible for buying with their allowance. They know that I don’t often “splurge” and buy them things. So…when I do buy them something – it’s a real treat. They are usually in shock that I have offered to buy them something that they normally would have to use their allowance to pay for. What I like best is that they are appreciative for the purchase.
So when my daughter had the opportunity to get tickets to the sold out Lady Gaga concert, I decided it was a good time to treat her (and me, too)! It was well worth it – she was psyched to be there and she brought her own money for a t-shirt since I was only treating for the tickets.
Remember that you don’t have to be so strict or rigid with the allowance rules. You need to keep it fresh and be flexible. Every now and then, when you feel it makes sense, you can decide to pay for a purchase, match a savings deposit or help with a charitable cause. It will keep your kids and teens interested and on their toes – they never know when you may step in – just be very selective.
We can look to Lady Gaga for this allowance guideline…sometimes rules are made to be broken!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.