Check out this interesting interview by AOL Parent Dish “Emptying the Nest: Q&A with Author Dr Brad Sachs”. In the interview he talks about financial self-reliance in today’s environment and how you shouldn’t link allowance to chores. I will second his comments!
What I liked most about his Q&A was that he spoke about developing a self-assured child and helping your child to become an independent young adult. I am looking forward to reading his book "EMPTYING THE NEST: LAUNCHING YOUR YOUNG ADULT TOWARD SUCCESS AND SELF-RELIANCE." You can check out his website for more information.
By giving your kids and teens an allowance, you will be giving them the life-skill of financial responsibility. Hopefully this will help you to successfully launch your kids and teens from your nest towards being a self-reliant young adult!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.